Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Editing home movies?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Jmartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2000
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I wanna know what to buy for editing my home movie's. I want to be able to put titles on the screen, be able to add music, cut scenes and all, 'does anyone know what i should buy to do this?'

    I have baught one before called 'studio 400' and it was rubbish, it never put the films onto vhs!

    Please help with the editor, im hoping to get one for christmas. I want one at a reasonable price of around ?100-?300

    Thanx yall, its appreciated

    ------------------
    *J.mArTiN*

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    At that sort of price point you can't beat the Matrox G400 Rainbow Runner thang, IMHO.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Atramus's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2000
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I purshased a program called "Home Movie Director" for $20.00 AU at Crazy Clarks (Discount Outlet)

    For 20 bucks you can't beat it.

    Mikey

  4. #4
    Inactive Member darthshawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8th, 2000
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    a good option for that is Pinnacle's studio 400. It is very simple to use and will do wonderfully for home video purposes. It is all external, so you just plug their box into your printer port, and the software that comes with it allows you to add titles, transitions, music, and a bunch of other stuff. It is somewhere between $100 - 200 bucks, but if I were you I'd go for the studio DC10 plus. It has a lot more potential, It can work with Premier for more proffessional looking stuff, and I only paid $150 for it. It also comes with software that allows you to do transitions, music and titles, but to get the audio you must use the line in of your sound card.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member shakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 1999
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    how's the full screen video quality of the DC10 compared to the original tape?

    I'm thinking of getting it.. but i'm concerned about quality...

    Ayz


  6. #6
    Inactive Member zlebret's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DC10 looks just fine on video. Just be careful of the video cropping when you're framing your shots.. always leave a little extra room.. keep that in mind with the titles as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •